Why Shop Local?
There are so many reasons to shop local. We’ve listed just a few of them for you below:
1) Build Community – The casual encounters you enjoy at neighborhood-scale business and public spaces around them build relationships and community cohesiveness.
2) Strengthen Your Local Economy – Each dollar you spend at independent businesses returns 3 times more money to our local economy than one spent at a chain – a benefit we all can bank on.
3) Shape Our Character – Why did you choose to live here? What keeps you? Independent businesses help give our community its one-of-a-kind personality.
4) Create a Healthier Environment – Independent businesses are people-sized. They consume less land, carry more locally-made products, locate closer to residents and create less traffic and air problems.
5) Lower Taxes – Local businesses put less demand on our roads, sewers, and safety services and generate more tax revenue per sales dollar, helping keep your taxes lower.
6) Enhance Choices – A wide variety of independent business, each services their customers’ tastes and create a greater overall choice for all of us.
7) Create Jobs and Opportunities – Locally-owned businesses also are the customers of local printers, accountants, wholesalers, farms, attorneys, etc., expanding opportunities for local entrepreneurs.
8) Give Back to Your Community – Local businesses donate more than twice as much per sales dollar to local non-profits, events, and teams as chains do.