How SiMA Helps You Succeed
Smyrna Independent Merchants’ Association helps independent local businesses compete successfully and reverse the trend of losing our community-based businesses that make our home special.
1. Pool Our Financial Power To:
- Build a powerful collective brand
- Seek and develop group purchasing opportunities
- Created discounted ad rates for members
- Create cooperative promotions and advertising
2. Create a Culture of Support for Local Entrepreneurs
SiMA drives an ongoing public education campaign to inform customers fully about the benefits of doing business locally. We help shift business to our members by raising awareness of the overall value they offer, and their importance to the character and economic strength of our community.
We deliver our message to consumers through:
- SiMA’s printed and online directories of member businesses
- News features, editorials, and talk radio
- Presentations to classes and civic groups
- Create partnerships and events with local organizations
- Posters, bag stuffers, bumper stickers and other educational items to keep the “buy local” message in front of your current and potential customers every day.
3. Create a Powerful Voice for Independent Business
Small businesses often lack the resources to make sure their interests are represented in the media and reflected in local government policy. SiMA provides an uncompromised voice to represent the member’s perspectives in the media and government, keeping you aware of relevant issues and focus group efforts effectively to advance the interests of independent business owners.
When you join SiMA, your short-term benefits are just the beginning. You increase the strength and cohesiveness of our local business community, which will yield growing returns over time. We continually develop new member benefits and new joint promotions.